Now the following information will be totally incomprehensible and useless to anyone who doesn’t own a Panasonic GH2. So if you are unfortunate enough not to have one of these gorgeous cameras, stop reading now.
For those who do own the best video DSLR. (Canon eat your heart out) here’s some useful information.
Panasonic have now release firmware 1.1 which gives GH2 users 25p embedded in a 50i stream at 24mb/s AVCHD like the GH1. US owners get 30p embedded in a 60i stream.
The native 24p “cinema mode” remains.
Here are the rest of the details:
- Added a video mode [HIGH BIT RATE] which is suitable for editing video recorded at high bit rate(24Mbps).
- Added a function [POWER ZOOM LENS] when using power zoom lens.
([DISP FOCAL LENGTH], [STEP ZOOM], [ZOOM RESUME], [ZOOM SPEED], [ZOOM RING]*)
- Full area enlargement of AF area setting.
- Improved in the speed of consecutive shooting when shot with auto bracket.
- Increased number of recordable images in consecutive shooting.
- [EX.TELE CONV. (Extra Tele Conversion)] can be set ON/OFF separately in photo or video recording.
- More accurate light adjustment of built-in flash.
- Improved in the AF performance in video recording.
- Synchronization of alarm volume for low battery with [BEEP VOLUME].
- Added a function [HALF PRESS RELEASE].
- Improved NR (Noise Reduction) in high sensitivity shooting.
- Added a function [TOUCH SCREEN] which is ON/OFF control of touch-screen.
* Available with LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. only.
info via nofilmschool