For those who aren’t nerds, this is an upgrade to the camera I’ve shot just about everything on for the last couple of years. The Pansonic GH2. The GH4K is sharper ..faster ..tougher ..cheaper ( well not cheaper but still not too expensive …probably
Looks really sweet especially the add on interface with XLR XLR sockets for sound and HDSDI for video output. Though how that will work with camera rails I don’t know. It will have also wifi focus, aperture etc control from Iphone and Android apps. ..interesting.
Here’s some of the spec
– 16,05 Megapixel sensor. It’s a new sensor with semi-conductor protection tech to reduce noise and improved dynamic range.
– quad core processor and venus Engine
– ISO up to 25,600.
– 12fps, 7,5 fps with continuous focusing
– GH4 uses the new UHS I class III SD card format
– Depth From Defocusing (uses Panasonic lens database to fine tune AF!)
– AF as fast as 0.07 seconds. 49 AF points.
– 4K video at 4096×2160 pixels and max frame rate of 96fps.
– Bit rate of up to 200Mbp
– Magnesium body
– Price not unveiled yet expected to be around £1500
– There is an optional Interface Unit. Has 2 XLR, 4 SDI, micro HDMi
output, color bar signal, audio reference signal, external time control
This has 4 SDI outputs for HD 4:2:2 and 4K 4:2:2 10-bit output with timecode, listen up Canon and Nikon. (It can also be configured to record 4:2:2 to an external unit via the on-board HDMI-output on the GH4 itself.) The interface unit also has dual XLR inputs with optional phantom power and level adjustments on the unit. These inputs can be monitored on the GH4′s display. Additionally, the interface unit includes a 12v DC input for external power to the unit and the GH4. http://www.performvideo.com/panasonic-dmw-yagh-turns-gh4-into-broadcast-powerhouse/