Welcome to my blog. I'm an award winning director/producer who also lights, writes and teaches. + live multicamera directing.
In a previous existence, I was a BBC TV director, then Course Leader BA Film Production at AUB, I've produced, directed or shot over 50 shorts and the films have screened at festivals worldwide. I completed a MA Screenwriting at Bournemouth Uni. and was selected for EIFF Talent Lab 2013.
I've written a load of shorts and a number of feature screenplays including Phoebe Langtry, a period drama about the woman, who in 1813, built the only surviving working windmill in Hampshire; Best Of Intentions, a World War II romantic action movie and Jack’s Back, a supernatural suspense horror about the return of Jack the Ripper during a theatre performance. (Currently optioned for 2016 production.)
Currently got three shorts out on the festival circuit, am editing another 20 min short filmed in Toronto in July and developing a couple of micro budget features, based on locations and facilities I have access to.
Here's some links to my Directing, Lighting & Camerawork , Producing, Writing, Corporate, Live Multicamera Directing, Music Videos
I'm on firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a ring on 07973 753 777
LINK to some of my credits and films
My drama showreel is here – https://vimeo.com/57689337 ( I really MUST update it.)
So here's some more recent stuff. I can't show you any of my recent corporate work unfortunately. It's confidential.
–Director/Producer/Camera/Editor & Music for "Liaison" Official Selection for 2015 Toronto ReelheART International FilmFestival
– Director/Producer/Camera/Editor of "Love" (2013) (short) awarded "Best Film" at Southampton Film Week; Guerilla Film Award & Winning Film team Production Award. 50Kisses Premiere; Official selection for Edinburgh Short Film Festival ; Official selection New York Bootleg Film Festival. also screened at Rhode Island International Film Festival and London Independent Film Festival
"This is a devastatingly brilliant piece of storytelling, masterfully handled, and the feedback from the Bootleg team was unanimous – audiences need to see this film. "
– Writer/producer/director, DP & editor. Comedy short John Lennon's Turd. (2013) . Award for "Best Short Film" Toronto ReelheART International Film Festival, Selected for Glastonbury Festival Short Film Festival 2015
"I really like it. It’s got a lovely, funny but downbeat tone and atmosphere. Good script, very well directed, with great performances. Excellent."
Paul Bassett Davies – Creative Director at London Comedy Writers Festival
–Writer : Thriller feature script "Jack's Back" optioned for 2015 production by Our Lot Studios.
–Writer : WWII Romantic Action Feature Screenplay "Best of Intentions " Top 3 Finalist Toronto ReelheART International Film Festival 2015.
– Director of Photography 'Don't' (2013) (short) Official Selection of New York City International Film Festival
Producer and Director of Photography of:
– Buon Giorno Sayonara (2010) (short). (exec. prod.) 33 International Film Festivals including "Best Comedy Award" Hyart Film Festival in Wyoming. Nominated for three awards : Best International/Foreign Language Film, Best Direction (Karen Hope) , and Best Performance (Thomas Kadman) at Thurrock International Film Festival. Awards for Best International Film, Best Director and Best In Show.
– Bull amongst the Feathers (2008) (short) Rome International Film Festival
– Legs 11. (2009) (short) Toronto & Florida International Film Festival
– Shadows (2009) (short) Dubai International Film Festival, Mumbai International Film Festival
– Zombie Radio (2010) Boston Sci-Fi Festival
– In My Shoes (2010) (short) Fastnet Film Festival